The whole “earth is round not flat” thing as a major scientific discovery is a very Western-centric thing
Arab and Asian empires had mathematically proven the earth was round way before white people
Arab mathematicians had calculated the circumference of the Earth hundreds of years before Columbus sailed. Even the ancient Greeks knew the world was round and provided their own estimates for size. The real reason nobody except Spain would give Columbus money to go to Asia was because the math had been done and everybody knew the journey from Europe to Asia by sailing west was ridiculously longer than Columbus was claiming. Columbus wasn’t just bad at geography, he also flunked math.
- reached for the last snack item at the same time au
- accidentally ‘borrowed’ their towel at their gym au
- saw their number graffitied on a toilet stall au
- "which asshole hasn’t returned the dvd i want yet" au
- parents signed them up for the same shitty art/science program au
- met on omegle au
- thirst follow au
- mail keeps coming to the wrong address au
- "you know you’re singing to your headphones out loud, right" au
- beat the crap out of each other in online multiplayer au
- worked really well together in online co-op au
- "i think your dog likes my dog" au
- kissed them as a distraction while stealing their wallet au
Jumanji taught us that the scariest thing in the African jungle is the white guy with a gun.
“When thinking of iconic romance, ask yourself if any imagery (paintings, photographs, film-stills) comes to mind that is not showing heterosexual couples? Probably not,” says photographer Braden Summers of his photo series of everyday gay and lesbian couples from around the globe.
So I never posted my finished Garnet cosplay. Sowwy~ I get so excited during cons, I never really take formal pictures.
I love her so much